For all those people out there who wish to establish an online eCommerce business and profitable store on Shopify, let me tell you that you’re on the right platform. Here, you’ll gain enough knowledge about how to create, design, and build a Shopify store from scratch. Be it a beginner or a professional, you’ll be able to establish a successful store by the end and run your online eCommerce business.
But, before we start, you might be wondering, “Why should I even use Shopify?” Let us discuss it first and gradually move forward.
Learn how to start Shopify store with ease. Step-by-step guide, tips, and resources to launch a successful online business on Shopify.
So let’s get started.
Why Shopify to run an online e-commerce business?
- No technical knowledge is required.
- User-friendly interface.
- Unique themes allow you to brand your website or design your website without knowing how to code.
- Shopify has a feature “Section” that will enable you to move your content to different spots without involving any coding.
Hence, Shopify is scalable, and it’s easy if you want to start an online eCommerce business as a small little creator who doesn’t know anything about Web Design.
My honest opinion is, “You need not buy a Shopify plan if it is your first time.” See, every new business requires at least a small step, to begin with, and this trial feature of Shopify is that first small step. All you can do is continue with the “7-day Free Trial”. Afterward, you can buy a plan (preferably Basic Shopify Plan) and then move forwards to higher ones. Shopify comes with three different plans: Basic Shopify Plan, Shopify Plan, and Advanced.
|Basic Shopify Plan ($29 per month)||Shopify Plan ($79 per month)||Advanced Shopify Plan ($299 per month)|
|Basic Info:||All the basics for starting a new business||Everything you need for a growing business||Advanced features for scaling your business|
|Features:||> Up to 2 staff members|
> Up to 4 locations
|> Up to 5 staff members|
> Up to 5 locations
> Fraud analysis
> Professional reports
|> Up to 15 staff members|
> Up to 8 locations
> Fraud analysis
> Professional reports
> Advanced report builder
|Payments:||Transaction fees for all payment providers: 2.0%||Transaction fees for all payment providers: 1.0%||Transaction fees for all payment providers: 0.5%|
|Shipping:||—–||USPS Priority Mail Cubic pricing||> USPS Priority Mail Cubic pricing|
> Third-party calculated shipping
rates: Show calculated rates with your own account or third-party apps at checkout
Getting started with Shopify
Well! If you’ve just learned about online eCommerce business, it’s incredible. It’s a fantastic business model, and you can begin with Shopify for a perfect start. Working with Shopify requires a stepwise procedure. Firstly, you have to build your profile and gradually start your business. So let’s see what exactly are those steps.
Step 1: Deciding the Perfect Product
When you are just starting with an online eCommerce business or e-com, it is always a good idea to showcase only those products that are most common among people.
Try finding those products that:
- Are there any on Alibaba and Aliexpress (optional).
- Has a “Wow” factor.
- It is of good quality.
Some of these products include:
- Automotive accessories
- Eco-friendly products
Step 2: Getting a 14-day Free Trial and fill in the required information
As soon as you enter the Shopify website, enter your email in the blank box and click on “Start free trial.”
Following the previous step will take you to a new page where you can decide on a password and the store name (You need not waste your time thinking about the store name as you could change it afterward.)
After this, click on “Make your store.” The next step is entirely optional, and this really doesn’t matter a lot. So, you can simply click on “Skip.” On the next page comes the personal data part. Here, you have to enter your basic details like name, address, country, etc.
Step 3: Setting up the Theme and managing the Pages (Home, product, etc.)
Let us first choose the theme of our store. For this, you have to click on Online Store > Themes. Now, as this is your first time with Shopify, you’ll have to install themes first. For this, you have to scroll down and click on “Free themes” and choose the best theme that matches your business. After selecting the theme, click on “Add to theme library.”
As soon as your theme is added to your library, you can apply that theme immediately. To add this theme, click on Action > Publish.
To start editing the store, click on “Customize” in the Themes section itself. Here, you will have to make the settings according to your taste and requirements. You will have to set up a header, footer, slideshow, rich text, collection list, featured collection, featured product, and newsletter. You can even add more sections by clicking on the “Add section.” Below is an idea of what all you can do with those options:
- Header: Here, you have to add a logo, a transparent logo, add some announcement text (like offers, free shipping, etc.)
- Slideshow: Set up the background of the home screen, manage the text, setting-up heading & sub-heading, and button & button link.
- Collection list: Giving a heading to your collection and managing it by making its sub-categories. Further, you can add products and create sections of the collection list by going to the Dashboard > Products > Collections.
- Featured collection: Here, you have to give some heading (For example, New Arrivals, Most Trendy, etc.) to the collection. This collection will help you show all the products under that specific collection.
- Featured product: It is the same as the Featured Collection option. The difference is that rather than showing products of the same collection, it will show featured products from different collections. For example, the Featured Products can show products from men’s, women’s, and electronics altogether.
- Newsletter: This option is for all those people who do email marketing. You can create your own newsletter and then send it to the target audiences. You can leave this if you do not do the same. You can even “Remove” this from your store by just selecting that option and clicking on “Remove Section.”
You can also add the social media handles of your store in the Footer section. 3
Some tips and tricks:
- You need not buy various tools to determine the top products you can sell. All that you can do is follow Facebook Ads. It is the best way to get an idea of the trending products.
- Use the extension of Alexa Traffic Rank to check the traffic of each dropshipping store.
- Remember to click on “Save” after every step because most people make the necessary changes but forget to Save. As a result, they have to do it all again from scratch.
- When you are new to Shopify, just grab a basic plan as you’ll still be in a learning stage. Gradually, when you build a good grip, move towards higher plans.
So hey guys! This was all about how you can start your online eCommerce business with Shopify. Gradually, we’ll be moving towards adding & managing products, setting up your main menu, adding a contact us page (and how to make it visible on the main menu), diving deeper into themes options, favicon, and a lot more.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. I have just started with an online e-commerce business, and things are pretty tough for me. I need professional help. Can anyone suggest the most reliable one?
Get Catalyzed has always been the best when it comes to online eCommerce business and its solutions.
2. Is it possible to use my own domain name with Shopify?
Of course, you can! All you are required to do is link it with your store from admin.
3. Will I get 24/7 support in Shopify?
Yes! You get 24/7 support in Shopify through live chat, email, and phone service.
4. To use Shopify, do I need to become a developer or programmer?
You don’t have to be a programmer or coder to leverage Shopify. With online shop builders and templates, you may change the appearance and experience of your store.
With applications, you may enhance your company’s functionalities and build a great online eCommerce business. If you want more assistance, you can call our support personnel or look for and engage a qualified Shopify professional on the Shopify Professional Marketplace.
5. What does Shopify set you back?
No debit card is expected to try Shopify, lasting 14 days. Once your trial period has expired, select a price package that best fits your company’s size and development.
6. Is it necessary for me to transport the things myself?
No, you do not have to send your things. Instead, you can have your items prepared and shipped by a third-party fulfillment provider.